Featured Post

Monnie Shiu Kei Kei 邵棋琪 from Hong Kong - Lenglui #196

Name: Monnie Shiu Kei Kei 邵棋琪 Date of Birth: Jan 9, 1993 Height: 163 cm Weight: 46 kg Measurements: 32 22 33 Facebook: https://www.fac...

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

the big reveal






So, I have kept you all in suspense long enough!  Sorry, sometimes it is just so hard to get decent pictures!  My sewing room is not huge but I think we really maximized the space.  I LOVE it!  It is so bright and cheery and is so great to work in!  I had 4 main requests when Doug asked me what I wanted in the room.

  • a cutting table large enough to hold a yard of fabric
  • a desk big enough so that my sewing machine and serger could be out at the same time
  • a couple drawers large enough to hold patterns unfolded
  • shelves to hold fabric so that it could be seen (I really didn't want it in the closet)
I got all of my requests plus a bunch of extras!  

The cutting table sits in the center of the room, like an island, so that I can get all the way around when cutting out a large pattern.  It also has shelves underneath to hold my iron and ironing board and some works in progress.


As you can see the table is quite large (40"x66") so I had to have a cutting mat cut to size.  The company I used was great and the mat is fantastic!!!  

One side of the island has 3 large, shallow drawers to hold all of my patterns and instructions and one drawer to hold tools.  The other side has 2 deeper drawers that hold a place for trash, a place for scraps and a drawer for my wrapping supplies.




The desk sits along the only plain wall in the room.  It is now home to 2 sewing machines and the computer and has a spot for my serger when I unpack it.  


I have a huge built in bookshelf to hold all of my fabric, notions and books.


The bulletin board is behind the door.  I still can't bring myself to put pins in it, silly I know!


I am also lucky enough to have a decent size walk in closet in the room that Doug put shelves in.  It is nice to be able to put the less attractive necessities out of sight. 


On the wall between the 2 windows, Doug put up a picture rail so that I can do a little decorating.  I have only found one thing that is worthy of the picture rail.  :)


I hope everybody enjoys the little peak into my space!  


No comments:

Post a Comment