Featured Post

Monnie Shiu Kei Kei 邵棋琪 from Hong Kong - Lenglui #196

Name: Monnie Shiu Kei Kei 邵棋琪 Date of Birth: Jan 9, 1993 Height: 163 cm Weight: 46 kg Measurements: 32 22 33 Facebook: https://www.fac...

Monday, January 10, 2011

hooded scarf

I took a little break from sewing for the shop over the Christmas holiday.  I really hadn't sewn for my girls or myself since starting my little business and really missed it!  I have to admit that before this scarf I had never made myself any clothing!  I have made myself pincushions and bags but never anything else.  I have tons of patterns that I would love to make but just can't get around to it!  Oh the amount of projects that are on my to do list, it is SO long!!!
Anyway, I bought this cute pattern off of etsy.  I love the idea of a hooded scarf, fun and practical!  The pattern comes with 5 different styles that you can make and also comes with kid's sizes.  And a bonus is that it is reversible!!  I made the ruffled version and it was easy and fun to make!  The only change that I made was to add a layer of cotton batting in between the exterior and lining fabrics to make it a little warmer.  I am from the south and these New England winters just kill me, I don't think I will ever get used to the cold!  I can't wait to make one in some type of tweed or wool.








I know who will be getting one next!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment