Featured Post

Monnie Shiu Kei Kei 邵棋琪 from Hong Kong - Lenglui #196

Name: Monnie Shiu Kei Kei 邵棋琪 Date of Birth: Jan 9, 1993 Height: 163 cm Weight: 46 kg Measurements: 32 22 33 Facebook: https://www.fac...

Friday, March 25, 2011

new bag

I really needed a new bag!  I have been carrying a slouchy hobo bag that was my prototype for when I switched up the pattern a little.  I liked it but it was, as I said, the prototype which meant that I had gotten all the kinks out on that bag so it wasn't my best work!  :)  It was also dirty and I just needed a change!  Something bright and fun, of course, and something that can take me through spring and hopefully summer too.  So... I made this!
I LOVE it!!!  I have been hoarding this Amy Butler print for at least a year.  It's one of those large scale prints that you have to have a larger project for.  I lined it with full moon dots in lime.  It is a large bag but that works for me since I still have to carry diapers and toys and whatnot around with me.  The patten is the practical bag by Tanya and Linda Whelan.

I interfaced it with some duck cloth to make it a little more sturdy and give it a little more body.  I like to do that with the hobo bags and other large bags sometimes as it just makes them a little more substantial.  I just baste it onto the exterior inside the seam allowance and then construct the bag as per the directions.

Of course, now that I made my new springy bag it's snowing here today!  :)

Here is a picture of the inside.







No comments:

Post a Comment