Featured Post

Monnie Shiu Kei Kei 邵棋琪 from Hong Kong - Lenglui #196

Name: Monnie Shiu Kei Kei 邵棋琪 Date of Birth: Jan 9, 1993 Height: 163 cm Weight: 46 kg Measurements: 32 22 33 Facebook: https://www.fac...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

reusable grocery bags

I am participating in my first swap!  I joined in the latest round of the potholder pass that Amy organizes.  This time you can choose to make a potholder, a reusable grocery bag or both.  I chose to make a bag.  So, of course, I had to make a practice one for us!  :)  Here is what I came up with!



It is Keyka Lou's easy reusable grocery bag pattern.  It is so simple and fun to construct.  She uses a method that I had never tried to box the corners and I liked it.  It is a little less structured but I think it really works for this style.  I used my flower applique pattern for the front.  I wanted to use osnaburg (unbleached cotton) for the outside of the bag but it is too plain for my taste and the flower added just the right amount of embellishment, I think.  :)


If you haven't used osnaburg before, it's great!!!  It gives a similar look that linen gives but is so much easier to sew!  It isn't slinky so you don't get all the shifting that you get with linen.  Besides that, it is a lot cheaper!  It is a little less refined but I think that makes me like it more! 


I am off to make more grocery bags!


No comments:

Post a Comment